Finding The Right Realtor

Posted by Tereesa Admin on Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017 at 3:26pm.

If you're serious about buying a home in Norfolk, you want to work with the best real estate agent available. A good Realtor is reputable, comes recommended by peers, and has an outstanding record for matching homeowners with the right properties. Of course, a stellar Realtor doesn't necessarily work well with everybody. You need an agent who is willing to work with you to determine which Norfolk and Virginia Beach homes for sale are ideal for your situation.

How do you know you have found the right Norfolk Realtor to assist you in finding your dream home? Look for these top qualities:

A Realtor Listens

Some real estate agents will appear to pay attention to your home preferences, then try to sell you a neighborhood that doesn't appeal to you at all. You need an agent who is willing to listen to your needs, location requirements, and budget restrictions.

A Realtor Cares

A good agent is concerned that you are happy with the final bid and closing on a new home. While it's not true of all agents, some do have a vested interest in certain properties and may push you toward a decision you're not comfortable making. You want somebody who isn't happy until YOU are happy.

A Realtor is Honest

If there are issues with a particular home or area of town, you should know about them. A good agent will be honest with you about a particular listing and not try to hedge on questions. The last thing you want is to be sold into a situation that doesn't suit you or your family's best interests.

A Realtor is Capable

If you have a question and call your agent, a responsive agent will get back to you in good time. Some agents may be a bit pushy and pressure you into making decisions you're not ready to complete. A good agent will understand your needs and work on your schedule to ensure the buying process works for you.

Where will you find the right Realtor? Chandler Realty Inc. has a reputation 30+ years strong of providing quality services to homeowners and buyers all over Hampton Roads. We are a leader in Norfolk real estate for a reason, and our agents are part of that. We invite you to contact us today to learn more about how we can help.

5 Responses to "Finding The Right Realtor"

Trayson Evans wrote: I like what you say about finding a realtor that listens. It's so important that they know what your needs are and can accommodate them. My wife and I are looking for a new home and are in need of some real estate services. I'll make sure to pay attention to the realtors we're looking to hire.

Posted on Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 at 10:44pm.

Ridley wrote: It's good to know this about finding a realtor. We want to hire one to help us buy our first home because I'm afraid of making mistakes! I'll be sure to try and find one who listens to us and our preferences. That would be nice.

Posted on Thursday, April 19th, 2018 at 4:31pm.

Gerty Gift wrote: I liked what you said about finding someone that will be concerned and care about me. I have worked in customer service for a while and this is definitely a quality I like to see in everyone. I will keep this in mind during our search for a realtor.

Posted on Thursday, June 28th, 2018 at 1:12pm.

Malia Davis wrote: It's good to know that a real estate agent cares and listens. I need someone to care because my home needs to be sold by the end of next month. If I can find the right agent, they would know what to do before then.

Posted on Friday, August 31st, 2018 at 3:41pm.

Rhianna Hawk wrote: I'm going to be looking for a realtor soon to help me with finding a new home that would work well for my daughter, who is wheelchair bound, and getting someone that cares will be very important. We don't want to move into a place that doesn't absolutely meet all of my daughter's mobility needs, and having someone who is more focused on working with us until we're satisfied will be a great benefit to our search. Getting someone who is capable and answer our questions in good time is definitely something we want, as well, because I anticipate that we'll have a lot of questions and we want to be able to make fully informed decisions.

Posted on Thursday, November 1st, 2018 at 2:23pm.

Leave a Comment